Bigger backyards and updated kitchens
Super-sized dream homes are not exactly what potential buyers are dreaming about this spring. But they are looking for bigger backyards, updated kitchens, and ranch-style homes, according to realtor.com’s latest home buyer survey.
Features that buyers are looking for this spring (according to realtor.com)
- Ranch-style homes led shoppers’ rankings of desired home styles with 42% of shoppers looking for a ranch home.
- All age groups are looking for some combination of a backyard, garage and updated kitchen. Younger home buyers are particularly excited about finding a large yard and, and living in a good school district.
- Privacy ranks as shoppers’ top goal for buying, largely driven by buyers over age 45.
- 80% of shoppers ranked the kitchen as one of their three favorite rooms in a home, followed by master bedroom (49%) and living room (42%) among most age groups.
- Shoppers over age 45 are looking to downsize, and cited planning for retirement as their primary motive for finding a new house.
- Among younger buyers, many of whom are buying starter homes, 40% were looking for townhouses and row houses.
- As shoppers age, however, that number declines and single-family homes are a clear preference. The older an age group is, the more likely they are to prefer a single-family home.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating–or buying.
This trend towards a not-too-big, single-family ranch-style home with an updated kitchen and a big backyard played out in a multiple offer, full price sale after being on the market for only one week!
4885 Susanna Woods Ct., Jacksonville, FL 32257 packs a lot of living into 1,900 square feet. Not too big, not too small–just right. This ranch-style with a huge yard, updated kitchen, is located in the Mandarin area of Jacksonville, Florida. Making it convenient to everything, while being nestled away from it all on a cul-de-sac lot. There’s sun, poolside, where you want it, and shade, from mature trees, where you need it—which, by the way, can help lower your electric bill.